An inexpensive alternative to the RaySafe DXR+, the pocket-sized GlowboardTM Lite is a great option!
The GlowboardTM Lite Light Field Alignment Calibration Tool measures the alignment between the x-ray field and the light field. The rare-earth phosphor will glow green while exposed to radiation. Misalignment of the light field will clearly be shown down to 0.125 inch or 1 mm on the built in dual lead-free radiopaque scales.
The GlowboardTM Lite is a 4" / 10 mm dual x-ray visible scale with 2" to -2" and 5 mm to -5 mm identified horizontally. This simple alignment tool will help the operator identify a misaligned fluoroscopic system.
How to use:
- Position the "X-ray"symbol within the light field.
- Align the center "0" line with the light field edge.
- Lower room lighting
- Expose the GlowboardTM Lite and the exposed areas will glow while being irradiated.
- Any X-ray/light field deviation will be clearly shown within an 1/8 inch or 1 mm.
- Compare to the image of the lead-free scales captured on the x-ray.
The pocket sized GlowboardTM Lite is convenient to carry with your x-ray field testing tools.
Is the x-ray radiation where it is supposed to be? The GlowboardTM Lite helps to answer this question. When viewing the GlowboardTM Lite while it is being irradiated, the technician can see where the radiation coming from the x-ray machine is hitting the board.
Is the x-ray field aligned with the light field? The GlowboardTM Lite fluoresces green when it is being irradiated. The x-ray visible scale on the GlowboardTM Lite provides a reference to the technician when comparing the area visible on x-ray versus what is glowing on the GlowboardTM.